Ask Me Anything: Beta Readers/Critique Partners

So I get asked a lot of questions about where writers can find their critique partners and beta readers. The truth is that I don't know. I'm not on the frontlines looking for readers so I don't necessarily have the best advice here.

But I got this question twice on Saturday and I took to twitter to find the answer.

Here's the link to the tweet if you want to see all the answers, but below I've compiled some of the replies that might be useful.

Local NaNoWriMo Meet Ups

Twitter (through contests, hashtags)

Authors or Sites that put out a call for CPs (AuthoressAnon Critique Dating Service, Maggie Stiefvater's Crit Partner Love Connection, CPSeek,

Friends and family, friends of friends

Writing organizations (SCBWI, RWA)

Local bookstore writing group

Facebook writing groups

Writing classes

There are lots more, but hopefully this is a start.

You may also like

No comments: