Best Reads of 2013

I read over a hundred books during the course of 2013--in addition to my own clients' books of course. Some of them are books that came out this year and others came out a while ago. 

Here are my top ten favorite non New Leaf books. Each of these books are ones that I could read fast enough. A few of them had me up all night. All of them were on my mind long after I stopped reading. If any of them are books you haven't read, you should.

What are your favorite reads from this past year? I'd love to have more recommendations for next year!

You may also like


Stephanie Allen said...

Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson! It's a contemp that has a good balance of fluff and substance, and it also made me cry a slightly embarrassing amount.

Pamela DuMond, D.C. said...

11/22/63: A Novel by Stephen King. Yes, it came out in 2012. But it's time travel, so smart and so well done.

Hardygirl said...

I've been dying to read NIGHT FILM--I think I'll move it up in my stack.

Just finished SEVENTEEN AND GONE and loved it.

Kathy Temean said...

Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi - Read the first and second in the trilogy and can't wait for the third one to come out at the end of January.

Angel Fall by Susan Ee and the second book World After - Really enjoyed both books.

The Enclave triology by Ann Aguirre - torn through these.

Marie Lu's Legend triology - all three are great!

Lauren Oliver's Delirium trilogy - Love her writing.

Lies Beneath by Anne Greenwood Brown - After reading this, I am into Mermen.

The Fifth Wave by Rick Yancey - looking forward to reading the next one.

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare - book was much better than the movie.

Uglies by Scott Westerfeld - loved it.

A Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Cherry Money Baby by Agent John Cusick

Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

I put your books on my 2014 list. Hope we see each other again in 2014.