Friday, November 30, 2012

Query Round up 11/30

As of 6:00 pm I've finished reading this week's queries.

There were 193 queries in the inbox this week.

I'm seeing a lot of science fiction and a lot of ghost stories in my queries. I'm certainly not opposed to either, but I think it has to feel new and different.

I requested 4 manuscripts!

MG fantasy: query was a little vague but still caught my interest. Pages are good!
YA fantasy: sounds fabulous
Science Fiction: It's unclear if this was YA or adult, but either way it looks good.
YA contemporary: Sounds awesome.

So as you'll notice there are some clear patterns to my requests. Almost all of my requests could be explained with "great premise in the query and I love the pages."

On top of my wishlist:
More adult manuscripts. I could go for a good contemporary romance (and I'll even look at new adult contemporary romances). Or women's fiction! Or magical realism. Anything really. I'd love to find another great adult project.

9 comments:

Katie said...

I'm glad you found a fantasy that suits your fancy. I appreciate you taking the time to read my own fantasy query, though I'm sorry it didn't pique your interest. Good luck! =]

1m4n5h0w said...

Wait, I am almost done...

Megan Hand said...

I don't know how you do it, lol. Reading all those queries, phew...

Lexa Cain said...

I:m glad you posted this because I've been feeling recently that the YA market is too saturated, and I was thinking of trying New Adult or Adult. It's good to see it's not a crazy idea. :-)

Mr Lonely said...

visiting here with a smile. take care.. have a nice day ~ =)

Regards,
http://www.lonelyreload.com (A Growing Teenager Diary) ..

CallMeKarma said...

Okay - good to know! My WIP is Women's Fic w/ a dash of magical realism...should be landing in your inbox in about 6 months : )

perfumehk said...

Nice blog
Parfum pas cher

perfumehk said...

Nice blog
Parfum pas cher

mmahessh said...

Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is a really well written article. I’ll be sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your useful information. Thanks for the post. I will definitely return. Plots for sale in Hyderabad

Search This Blog

Loading...

Popular Posts

Five Random Things About Suzie

1. I drink so much orange soda, it's probably running through my veins. I've been known to go through a twelve pack of diet sunkist in a day.

2. I'm legitimately nocturnal (or a vampire). I will be so exhausted at two pm that I'm falling asleep standing up - it has happened before, at Six Flags no less - but as soon as the sun goes down I'm wide awake.

3. I have a gorgeous unused $6000 Reem Acra wedding dress hanging in my closet, and it showed up on my doorstep the same day my (now ex) fiance broke up with me. And thank God for that. I wouldn't have wanted to waste that dress on him.

4. Social anxiety plagues me daily. I write a script and practice in front of the mirror when I have to make a phone call, but most people who interact with me have no idea how nervous I am (or perhaps they lie) because I've worked so hard to try to overcome it.

5. I'm actually worried that I will never love my children (when I do have them in the far off future) as much as I love my dogs. I just like animals better than people - they're sweet and innocent and soft and furry - is that so wrong?