Monday, August 13, 2012

Happy Release Week!

This is a really exciting week for me. I have two books releasing this week!


False Memory by Dan Krokos is out tomrrow! A YA thriller set in Cleveland, False Memory features Miranda, a 17-year-old who finds herself in a mall with no memory. While trying to understand who she is, she discovers she's been genetically altered and trained to be a weapon of mass destruction, and she's about to be auctioned off to the highest bidder if she doesn't do something to stop it. 

It's an intensely awesome book with some sci fi elements.



The Treachery of Beautiful Things by Ruth Frances Long is out on Thursday, and it is as beautiful and romantic as that cover suggestions. A dark and romantic original fairy tale, The Treachery of Beautiful Things features Jenny, a 17-year-old girl whose brother was swallowed by the trees when she was younger. Now, she's lured into the trees where she finds a magical realm with stunning beauty and treacherous evils if she wants to get her brother back.

It's a lovely, lyrical, and beautifully written original fairy tale.

6 comments:

lisasanuma said...

That second cover us really lovely. Both sound exciting, congrats!

lisasanuma said...

IS really lovely. Please forgive my not-so-smart phone.

The Pen and Ink Blog said...

Love the covers. Books sound intriguing.

R F Long said...

Thanks Suzie. It's really getting very exciting now.

Ruth

Kathryn Faye said...

Wonderful! I love both covers. This must be so exciting!

Kimberlee Turley said...

The nice thing about catching up on old blog posts like this is realizing these books are now available.

Search This Blog

Loading...

Popular Posts

Five Random Things About Suzie

1. I drink so much orange soda, it's probably running through my veins. I've been known to go through a twelve pack of diet sunkist in a day.

2. I'm legitimately nocturnal (or a vampire). I will be so exhausted at two pm that I'm falling asleep standing up - it has happened before, at Six Flags no less - but as soon as the sun goes down I'm wide awake.

3. I have a gorgeous unused $6000 Reem Acra wedding dress hanging in my closet, and it showed up on my doorstep the same day my (now ex) fiance broke up with me. And thank God for that. I wouldn't have wanted to waste that dress on him.

4. Social anxiety plagues me daily. I write a script and practice in front of the mirror when I have to make a phone call, but most people who interact with me have no idea how nervous I am (or perhaps they lie) because I've worked so hard to try to overcome it.

5. I'm actually worried that I will never love my children (when I do have them in the far off future) as much as I love my dogs. I just like animals better than people - they're sweet and innocent and soft and furry - is that so wrong?