Even more exciting, I'm reopening to queries on November 1st! (That's a week from today!) The agency's official submission guidelines are here, and I've included my guidelines + updated wishlist here.
And the most exciting news is that I will be celebrating my move to Nancy Coffey and my reopening to queries with a QUERY CONTEST!
Here are the details:
Can you handle the truth?
Many writers want to know what an agent is really thinking when they pass on a query, right? You want the truth...but can you handle the truth? Well next week I will respond to the queries I receive in complete honesty. You may see something as simple as "Not bad, but just not for me." or "I don't represent legal thrillers." OR you may see something like "I stopped reading when you mentioned that the mailman was a vampire space zombie who has come to deliver a message of PAIN. Because come on...seriously?"
So, if you want the truth, query me next Tuesday morning, between 9-10 am EDT (as in the time it is in NY). Read on for the rules.
- The contest will be open for only ONE HOUR.
- Queries must be submitted to Query(at)nancycoffeyliterary(dot)com between the hours of 9:00am EST and 10:00am EST Tuesday, November 1st, 2011. Any queries submitted before or after those times will not be qualified to enter and considered only as a regular query.
- All queries entered must have this in the subject line: QUERY CONTEST - Yes, I can handle the truth
- If it does not have this in the subject line, it will be considered a regular query only.
- Queries must be in the body of the email. NO attachments!
- Queries must be one-page length long, size 12 font. That's ONE PAGE ONLY!
- No manuscript pages attached or included at all.
- You will receive our usual auto-response. If you do not receive an auto-response, resend!
I will respond to all queries entered in the contest by Monday (11/7/11) at 5pm EST.
- Yes, if you've already been rejected you may resubmit your query. I will read (if submitted in the correct time frame) and let you know why it's been rejected. Don't say "You already rejected me..." Treat it like you've never queried her before.
- Your queries will NOT be posted on this or any other blog. I will reply to you via your e-mail, only.
- You must treat this as an actual query process, which means you need to have a complete manuscript. If I do request your manuscript, I don't want to find out there isn't one!