/
6 Comments
So first, hello Blogosphere.  I know I've been absent for a week or so.  Influenza was trying to kill me off--or turn me into a zombie, I'm not sure which--but it totally failed.  So that's the good news.

The bad news is of course, there were almost 400 people waiting for responses to emails when I finally made it out of bed.  And I apologize to anyone who got a delirious email from me while I was still sick.


In other news...has everyone seen The Fighter yet?  You should, because it's phenomenal.  That Christian Bale guy, he can act.  (He's not quite as hot in this movie, but that's ok).

In honor of the fact that it was a kickass movie and the fact that I need a kickass theme song now that I'm on the upswing recovering from the flu (and because there's snow everyone, ugh), courtesy of Brooks who sent me the link, I give you:

The Heavy



You may also like

6 comments:

Heather Hellmann said...

I love that song! It's in a commercial, but I can't remember which one.

Cyndy Drew Etler said...

It's in a Kia Sportage commercial, with the ADORABLE stuffed treats! And the movie kicks ass, too. And--could this signify the resurgence of ska?!

Brooks Sherman said...

Aww, do we really have to call this ska? Can't we call it something cool, like R&B, or maybe even "neo-soul"? I swear, there was a James Brown vibe going on somewhere in there.

Rebecca B said...

The Fighter is phenomenal! Christian Bale = wow, just . . . wow.

Matthew Rush said...

Doesn't he play a crackhead? You didn't find that attractive? I'm shocked.

I actually really want to see that movie. STAT. But I couldn't talk Kelly into catching it at the theater, so now I have to wait for On Demand or Netflix, whichever I can get my peepers on first.

And yeah, I'm not sure you could call that straight up ska, but that song still rocks, er - swings.

Karla Nellenbach said...

Glad you're on the mend now :)