Monday, December 13, 2010

OMG...I heart League of S.T.E.A.M.!!


So recently our lovely assistant Sara snagged her first client and we co-agented an amazing deal (let's be honest, Sara put my agenting skills to shame with her awesomesauceygoodness when she took the lead on this). Read more about this project by the amazing Susan Dennard here.

And after you read about that, you'll understand why The League of S.T.E.A.M. is the best thing I've seen since my first Ren Faire (don't make fun--I'm a nerd and proud of it!).

Not only do I love all things steam punk, but dude...I grew up on GHOSTBUSTERS (whose mom wouldn't let them use the slime that came with the GB Fire Station because it stained furniture besides mine??).

Just look at that fire station--SO. COOL.

But I digress.

So the League of S.T.E.A.M. was recently discussed on Twitter and I think I officially geeked out in front of my boss for the first time when I watched one of their clips. They are AWESOME.

But don't take my word for it. Watch yourself!

6 comments:

m. christine weber said...

That. Was. Beautiful. The mustache . . . oh man. Best part of my day. Not that I envy it (the mustache), mind you, but I do heart steampunk in every way possible. In fact, I've decided to be a seriously steampunked old lady when I turn 80. You know, with a bustle and all. Yeah . . . I'll be sexy. In fact, I suspect you'll enjoy this ;-): http://mchristineweber.com/when-i-am-old-i-shall-wear-steampunk/

Thanks for posting the youtube vid!!!

Shaka said...

Ok, I have to say that pretty cool... also, you just opened a really old wound with the Ghostbusters reference. That slime didn't last a week at my house.

Sarah Goldberg said...

Ahhh, Jo, that is AWESOME.

Brooks said...

So, so cool. Those of us who went to the Steampunk book launch several weeks back should put our period duds back on and give these guys a run for their money. (I'm looking at YOU, Suzie, Rachel, and Rick.)

LiliFlour said...

Ahem! I believe I was the one who tweeted about League of Steam. Someone pat me on the back before I get feisty.

I've been to their live shows in LA and they're great fun. Their gear is gorgeous and they serve Zombie Inoculation cocktails!

Susan said...

OMGosh, Leigh Benson introduced these guys to me. THEY'RE AWESOME. They're like the Spirit-Hunters but REAL.

I wish I lived in the US just for this.

Search This Blog

Loading...

Popular Posts

Five Random Things About Suzie

1. I drink so much orange soda, it's probably running through my veins. I've been known to go through a twelve pack of diet sunkist in a day.

2. I'm legitimately nocturnal (or a vampire). I will be so exhausted at two pm that I'm falling asleep standing up - it has happened before, at Six Flags no less - but as soon as the sun goes down I'm wide awake.

3. I have a gorgeous unused $6000 Reem Acra wedding dress hanging in my closet, and it showed up on my doorstep the same day my (now ex) fiance broke up with me. And thank God for that. I wouldn't have wanted to waste that dress on him.

4. Social anxiety plagues me daily. I write a script and practice in front of the mirror when I have to make a phone call, but most people who interact with me have no idea how nervous I am (or perhaps they lie) because I've worked so hard to try to overcome it.

5. I'm actually worried that I will never love my children (when I do have them in the far off future) as much as I love my dogs. I just like animals better than people - they're sweet and innocent and soft and furry - is that so wrong?