Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Don't Read This If You're Looking For "Cogent" or "Pithy"

I hit “slap happy” around 10 this morning after pulling my closest (work related) approximation of an all-nighter since college. By 6pm, I was certifiably crazy. It’s just been one of those 48 hours. One (48?) of those times when you just have to bite the bullet and start the BIG pot of coffee and get things done. It actually feels pretty good, especially for a girl (moi) who went to school full-time, had a full-time horse riding and training gig, a part-time job, and a boyfriend (somehow) all 3.5 years of college. I thrive when I’m running on fumes, crossing things off the to-do list with coffee-tremor hands. It’s not healthy (the coffee hands), but it’s sort of fun. (I was *not* kidding when I said certifiably crazy).
Why, yes, I *did* tag this post "Thriller."

And now, three things that made me laugh today:

Susan Adrian’s tweet: Tomorrow, I am writing "be productive" in my planner & I am going to BE PRODUCTIVE. No excuses or procrastination. Who's with me?

Sarah Dessen’s tweet: Okay, so this is SO not the night for my corkscrew to break. Seriously. (Note: this is where Meredith was like “Screw cogent, I’m blogging about being sleepy and hopped up on coffee”)

And, just for good measure, a reprise of The Alot (click, you'll thank me later):

12 comments:

Susan Adrian said...

HA.

Now why would that make you laugh, hmmm? I WILL DO IT.

The magic of The Planner.

Livia said...

sounds like u got alot done in ur all nighter lolz

Elisabeth Black said...

I've heard people like you existed...

Lale said...

Thank you so much for linking to Alot. That totally brightened up my evening.

suzie townsend said...

I love you Alot. :)

Alexandra Shostak said...

That Alot thing had me laughing so hard tears came to my eyes. :)

lexcade said...

the ALOT is the BEST THING EVER.

i love that blog. allie is a genius.

Janet Reid said...

You are alot of godsend. (It was so much fun to scare the crap out of you tonight when I discovered you were STILL AT WORK at 9pm!!!)

Joanna said...

You were still at work at 9pm, Meredith?! Ok...you're more than crazy. You've got Suzie Syndrome. WE NEED TO SAVE YOU!


...there's no hope for Suzie though.

Meredith Barnes said...

Haha save Suzie first! I'm so hopped up on caffeine I don't my own name. And, come on. It's not like *all* I did was work. Suspendion, anybody?

Janet, you converted my coffee-hands to scared-witless-hands. The new frequency of the tremors is making it hard to type. Not used to it.

lotusgirl said...

My son was just telling me how hilarious the Alot was this morning. I love Sarah Dessen's tweets. She cracks me up. I'll have to follow Susan too. I can always use more humor. It's healthy.

Shallee said...

I love the Alot! I want one as a pet. :) Thanks for sharing!

Search This Blog

Loading...

Popular Posts

Five Random Things About Suzie

1. I drink so much orange soda, it's probably running through my veins. I've been known to go through a twelve pack of diet sunkist in a day.

2. I'm legitimately nocturnal (or a vampire). I will be so exhausted at two pm that I'm falling asleep standing up - it has happened before, at Six Flags no less - but as soon as the sun goes down I'm wide awake.

3. I have a gorgeous unused $6000 Reem Acra wedding dress hanging in my closet, and it showed up on my doorstep the same day my (now ex) fiance broke up with me. And thank God for that. I wouldn't have wanted to waste that dress on him.

4. Social anxiety plagues me daily. I write a script and practice in front of the mirror when I have to make a phone call, but most people who interact with me have no idea how nervous I am (or perhaps they lie) because I've worked so hard to try to overcome it.

5. I'm actually worried that I will never love my children (when I do have them in the far off future) as much as I love my dogs. I just like animals better than people - they're sweet and innocent and soft and furry - is that so wrong?