Monday, July 19, 2010

Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare

Because I don't want to ruin anything for anyone else - ah! the twists!  All I can say is, after reading Clockwork Angel (in a day), I'm rereading The Mortal Instruments Trilogy because I'm dying to stay in Cassandra Clare's world.

A century before the events of The Mortal Instruments, another everyday heroine gets entangled with demon-slaying Shadowhunters. Sixteen-year-old Tessa comes to London to join her brother, but is imprisoned by the grotesque Dark Sisters. The sisters train Tessa in previously unknown Shapeshifter abilities, preparing her to be a pawn in some diabolical game. A timely rescue brings Tessa to the Institute, where a group of misfit Shadowhunters fight evil. Though details differ, the general flavor of Tessa’s new family wil be enjoyably familiar to the earlier trilogy’s fans; the most important is Tessa’s rescuer Will, the gorgeous, sharp-tongued teenager with a mysterious past and a smile like “Lucifer might have smiled, moments before he fell from Heaven.” The lush, melodromatic urban fantasy setting of the Shadowhunter world morphs seamlessly into a steampunk Victorian past . . . this crowd-pleaser’s tension-filled conclusion ratchets toward a new set of mysteries. — Kirkus

Check out Cassandra Clare's website for information about signings and upcoming events!

5 comments:

Christine Danek said...

Sounds like a great book. I will have to check it out. Thanks for the link!

Christine Fonseca said...

Oh yeah...I LOVE her world!

Eleni @ La Femme Readers said...

Ah! So glad you enjoyed it, can't wait to read it!

Loretta Nyhan said...

I'm really looking forward to this one!

Sarah said...

Eek! I'm so excited for the release!! :D

Search This Blog

Loading...

Popular Posts

Five Random Things About Suzie

1. I drink so much orange soda, it's probably running through my veins. I've been known to go through a twelve pack of diet sunkist in a day.

2. I'm legitimately nocturnal (or a vampire). I will be so exhausted at two pm that I'm falling asleep standing up - it has happened before, at Six Flags no less - but as soon as the sun goes down I'm wide awake.

3. I have a gorgeous unused $6000 Reem Acra wedding dress hanging in my closet, and it showed up on my doorstep the same day my (now ex) fiance broke up with me. And thank God for that. I wouldn't have wanted to waste that dress on him.

4. Social anxiety plagues me daily. I write a script and practice in front of the mirror when I have to make a phone call, but most people who interact with me have no idea how nervous I am (or perhaps they lie) because I've worked so hard to try to overcome it.

5. I'm actually worried that I will never love my children (when I do have them in the far off future) as much as I love my dogs. I just like animals better than people - they're sweet and innocent and soft and furry - is that so wrong?