Sunday, March 14, 2010

You Have to Read This.

When the wonderful and benevolent mean and sharkly Janet Reid tells me to do something.  I do it.  So when she told me to steal an ARC of You by Chuck Benoit, I did.  (Okay so I didn't actually steal it...but I managed to obtain a copy - thanks to the goddess of Harper publicity and marketing).

Wow.

Stylistically brilliant, You, had me sucked in from the first line, turning the pages into the middle of the night, and gasping on the last page.  When I got to the end, I promptly turned back to the first page and reread the beginning, and then I flipped to certain scenes and reread them.  (And then I emailed a friend and said Oh. My. God. You have to read this so we can talk about it.  And then I laid awake in bed thinking about it.)

It. Was. That. Good.


It's out August 24th, 2010.  Put it on your wishlist.

10 comments:

Nikki said...

Send it over, Suzie. I mean, you're done with it, right? You can't possibly want to just add it to your enormous book stack. ;)

I can't wait to read it - it must be amazing.

Suzette Saxton said...

I saw this on Janet's blog! Waiting for it to come out will be t-o-r-t-u-r-e!

Sarah said...

Um, who do I need to talk to make August come faster? I can't wait to read this book!

Lisa Desrochers said...

You're such a tease! When Janet said hers was stolen, I figured it was you...

suzie townsend said...

Sarah, talk to those Time Goblins :)

Lisa, I didn't get my copy from Janet! She guarded her copy quite jealously and I didn't want to steal from her and get gnawed on. :)

Donna Gambale said...

First Janet, now you! I'm soo intrigued. It's on my Goodreads to-read list!

Cara said...

I gave you an award! Check it out here. :)

Cara

TirzahLaughs said...

Darn you! Now I am curious and I have no hopes of getting a copy.

What is it about?

ChristaCarol said...

Oooo! Exciting! And to be able to write a book that has readers so sucked in....awesomeness.

Just Your Typical Book Blog said...

Wow it sounds freaking amazing! Must get this one when it comes out. Thanks Suzie!

Search This Blog

Loading...

Popular Posts

Five Random Things About Suzie

1. I drink so much orange soda, it's probably running through my veins. I've been known to go through a twelve pack of diet sunkist in a day.

2. I'm legitimately nocturnal (or a vampire). I will be so exhausted at two pm that I'm falling asleep standing up - it has happened before, at Six Flags no less - but as soon as the sun goes down I'm wide awake.

3. I have a gorgeous unused $6000 Reem Acra wedding dress hanging in my closet, and it showed up on my doorstep the same day my (now ex) fiance broke up with me. And thank God for that. I wouldn't have wanted to waste that dress on him.

4. Social anxiety plagues me daily. I write a script and practice in front of the mirror when I have to make a phone call, but most people who interact with me have no idea how nervous I am (or perhaps they lie) because I've worked so hard to try to overcome it.

5. I'm actually worried that I will never love my children (when I do have them in the far off future) as much as I love my dogs. I just like animals better than people - they're sweet and innocent and soft and furry - is that so wrong?