Thursday, March 4, 2010

Claudia Gray's Evernight Series

What I enjoyed most about reading each of the books in the EVERNIGHT Series by Claudia Gray were the twists and turns.  Each book had several that caught me completely by surprise, and yet when I looked back, I could identify the hints and clues leading up to the moment of discovery.

Bianca is a great character.  She's young and naive compared, but she's also headstrong and determined.  She's isn't a pushover or a weak character by any means.  And both Lucas and Balthazar are swoon-worthy guys attending Evernight Academy.  (I'm totally Team Balthazar - I love him!)


Evernight 


Bianca wants to escape.

At the eerily Gothic Evernight Academy, the other students are sleek, smart, and almost predatory. Bianca knows she doesn't fit in.

When she meets handsome, brooding Lucas, he warns her to be careful—even when it comes to caring about him. But the connection between them can't be denied. Bianca will risk anything to be with Lucas, but dark secrets are fated to tear them apart . . . and to make Bianca question everything she's ever believed.



Evernight Academy: an exclusive boarding school for the most beautiful, dangerous students of all—vampires. Bianca, born to two vampires, has always been told her destiny is to become one of them.

But Bianca fell in love with Lucas—a vampire hunter sworn to destroy her kind. They were torn apart when his true identity was revealed, forcing him to flee the school.

Although they may be separated, Bianca and Lucas will not give each other up. She will risk anything for the chance to see him again, even if it means coming face-to-face with the vampire hunters of Black Cross—or deceiving the powerful vampires of Evernight. Bianca's secrets will force her to live a life of lies.

Yet Bianca isn't the only one keeping secrets. When Evernight is attacked by an evil force that seems to target her, she discovers the truth she thought she knew is only the beginning. . . .






Bianca will risk everything to be with Lucas.

After escaping from Evernight Academy, the vampire boarding school where they met, Bianca and Lucas take refuge with Black Cross, a fanatical group of vampire hunters. Bianca must hide her supernatural heritage or risk certain death at their hands. But when Black Cross captures her friend—the vampire Balthazar—hiding is no longer an option.

Soon, Bianca and Lucas are on the run again, pursued not only by Black Cross, but by the powerful leaders of Evernight. Yet no matter how far they travel, Bianca can't escape her destiny.

Bianca has always believed their love could survive anything . . . but can it survive what's to come?


Check back on Sunday for my interview with Claudia!

22 comments:

Stina Lindenblatt said...

Looking forward to your interview, Suzie. I liked the first two in the series, and am curious what's going to happen next. Guess I won't have to wait much longer.

Kaitlin Ward said...

I preordered Hourglass and am anxiously awaiting it...
I also was very excited when I learned Balthazar will get his own book after the series is over!

Annie McElfresh said...

This is one of my most favorite series, because Claudia is a super-awesome writer.

I can't wait for Hourglass!!

mis(h)takes said...

I blew Evernight off when it first came out...it might have been the cover or just the fact it was about a "different" kind of school/academy where the main character doesn't quite fit in.

However the popularity of the series seriously made me reconsider. That and Hourglass has a pretty great cover! Thanks for spotlighting things Suzie :D

MarceJ said...

Amazon continues to recommend these for me, I should start the series.

Shelli (srjohannes) said...

Im so excited about this - She is coming to Atlanta for a signing next weekend :)

inkwench said...

Looking forward to the interview! I love your books recs - this is another series I keep meaning to pick up but haven't gotten around to yet. If only there were more hours in the day...

elizabeth said...

I've read the first two in the series. Can't wait to read the third!

buddyt said...

I haven't read any of the series as yet but your review has convinced me to get one of the books and try it.

Will see if I then get the rest or not.

Thanks.

Carol T

van_pham said...

One of the best vampire series i have read in a long time!

Crystal Cook said...

I really enjoyed this series so far, I'm excited for Hourglass!

And I'm totally team Balthazar too :)

throuthehaze said...

I have only read the first book so far but I enjoyed it.

Marjorie said...

This sounds like a very exciting third book to the "Evernight" series!

Susan Fields said...

This series sounds great - the child of two vampires in love with a vampire hunter - lots of fun possibilities there!

Alyssa Kirk @ Teens Read and Write said...

I'm a huge urban fantasy lover and I adore the premise of this series.

Aik said...

I've always wanted to read the books in this series!

Stella (Ex Libris) said...

I only read the 1st book in the series yet, I enjoyed it very much, loved the new take on the whole vampire-human romance. I heard that the series gets better and that the 3rd book is even better than the 2nd one, so can't wait to see!

"And both Lucas and Balthazar are swoon-worthy guys attending Evernight Academy. (I'm totally Team Balthazar - I love him!)" Ditto! Balthazar is a wonderful character it is so easy to fall for him, yummy! :-)

jmspettoli said...

Been meaning to pick up this series ever since Evernight came out. I've heard so many good things about it not to want to read it!

Melle said...

Wow, now I HAVE to read this series!

Elizabeth said...

I loved the 1st and 2nd can't wait to read the thirdaone

jellybelly82158 said...

This series sounds interesting. Must read them

jellybelly82158 at gmail dot com

Anne J said...

I love the first two books in this series, and can't wait to read the third.

ajolly1456 at gmail dot com

Search This Blog

Loading...

Popular Posts

Five Random Things About Suzie

1. I drink so much orange soda, it's probably running through my veins. I've been known to go through a twelve pack of diet sunkist in a day.

2. I'm legitimately nocturnal (or a vampire). I will be so exhausted at two pm that I'm falling asleep standing up - it has happened before, at Six Flags no less - but as soon as the sun goes down I'm wide awake.

3. I have a gorgeous unused $6000 Reem Acra wedding dress hanging in my closet, and it showed up on my doorstep the same day my (now ex) fiance broke up with me. And thank God for that. I wouldn't have wanted to waste that dress on him.

4. Social anxiety plagues me daily. I write a script and practice in front of the mirror when I have to make a phone call, but most people who interact with me have no idea how nervous I am (or perhaps they lie) because I've worked so hard to try to overcome it.

5. I'm actually worried that I will never love my children (when I do have them in the far off future) as much as I love my dogs. I just like animals better than people - they're sweet and innocent and soft and furry - is that so wrong?