Monday, January 18, 2010

2010 Debut Author's Challenge



Click this link to join the 2010 Debut Author Challenge at The Story Siren's blog.

Description from The Story Siren:

What is the 2010 Debut Author Challenge?


  • The objective is to read a set number of YA (Young Adult) or MG (Middle Grade) novels from debut authors published this year. I'm going to challenge everyone to read at least 12 debut novels! I’m hoping to read at least 30! You don’t have to list your choices right away, but if you do feel free to change them throughout the year. I will also be focusing on mostly Young Adult novels.
  • Anyone can join, you don’t need a blog to participate. If you don’t have a blog you can always share your views by posting a review on Amazon.com/BarnesandNoble.com/GoodReads/Shelfari, or any other bookish site.
  • The challenge will run from January 1, 2010- December 31, 2010. You can join at anytime!
Here's where I'll be keeping track of the books I want to read for the 2010 Challenge. (This list will most likely grow and change as the year goes on!) My goal is to read 30.

  1. Personal Demons by Lisa Desrochers
  2. The DUFF by Kody Keplinger
  3. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
  4. Sea by Heidi R. Kling
  5. Iron King by Julie Kagawa
  6. Wish by Alexandra Bullen
  7. Nightshade by Andrea Cremer
  8. You by Chuck Benoit
  9. Daughters by Joanna Philbin
And the rest of the list is TBD.


8 comments:

Lisa Desrochers said...

Thanks Suzie! Can you count the 100 times you've already read PERSONAL DEMONS? Chances are it will be in your inbox again tomorrow =)

The rest are on my list too!

suzie townsend said...

hehehe :)

Of course, the number of times I read a book directly corresponds with how much I love it!

Chutzpah said...

Okay, I know this comment is spam-like, but it IS related. I'm a debut author! If anyone's interested in reading my book for the challenge leave a comment on my blog!

Suzette Saxton said...

I love this idea. Count me in!

Heidi R. Kling said...

Thanks for including Sea. :D

Loretta Nyhan said...

I'm in, too!

Rachel Simon said...

Hi Suzie, I follow you on Twitter. er...I'm Rachel, I'm a college student and I like to write. I also am interested in learning about the publishing business. :-)

I'm currently reading NIGHTSHADE by Andrea and it is fabulous! It is certainly NOT the werewolves of Twilight and the world-building in this novel is fantastic.

I also want to read the DUFF... I should probably do this 2010 Debut Author Challenge. *starts to put a list togeter*

Andrea Cremer said...

Wow - thanks so much for including Nightshade! And I hope your oh-so-talented client Lisa (my fab crit partner) has already told you how much I <3 Personal Demons.

Search This Blog

Loading...

Popular Posts

Five Random Things About Suzie

1. I drink so much orange soda, it's probably running through my veins. I've been known to go through a twelve pack of diet sunkist in a day.

2. I'm legitimately nocturnal (or a vampire). I will be so exhausted at two pm that I'm falling asleep standing up - it has happened before, at Six Flags no less - but as soon as the sun goes down I'm wide awake.

3. I have a gorgeous unused $6000 Reem Acra wedding dress hanging in my closet, and it showed up on my doorstep the same day my (now ex) fiance broke up with me. And thank God for that. I wouldn't have wanted to waste that dress on him.

4. Social anxiety plagues me daily. I write a script and practice in front of the mirror when I have to make a phone call, but most people who interact with me have no idea how nervous I am (or perhaps they lie) because I've worked so hard to try to overcome it.

5. I'm actually worried that I will never love my children (when I do have them in the far off future) as much as I love my dogs. I just like animals better than people - they're sweet and innocent and soft and furry - is that so wrong?