Monday, August 31, 2009

SOME GIRLS ARE...amazing

Started reading a copy of the Some Girls Are ARC after work today. It's Courtney Summers' second novel, after Cracked Up to Be, and it doesn't disappoint. At. All.

It's so good I can't even describe it. Not in any way that could ever do it justice.

I'm just awash with emotions. I can feel that empty hole in my chest, the bitter emptiness of betrayal. Shaky hands. Nausea. The helplessness of being a victim.

I experienced everything Regina did. I laughed and smiled, felt light-hearted and giddy when she felt high with victory. I cried when she was too brave and too proud to let it get to her.

*amazing*

There is just no other way to describe Some Girls Are.

7 comments:

Janet Reid said...

All I can say is you better finish that book tonight and bring it back to me so I can read it, or I am going to invent terrible tasks for you. Oh wait. I already do that. Never mind!

Thank goodness you're a fast reader!

Just Your Typical Book Blog said...

LUCKY!! I am in utter book jealousy right now. I am DYING to read this one. Courtney's first novel was soooo good, she made me an instant fan.

Amber

Sara said...

Are you bragging that you have a copy?? Just kidding! But I am jealous and can't wait to read this one! :)

suzie said...

I unfortunately was only borrowing this ARC and will have to return tomorrow.

But it is so good! Courtney is amazing.

Loretta Nyhan said...

I can't wait for this one!

Susan Adrian said...

I. Knew. It!!!

Geez, now the wait is gonna be HARDER!

Hillary said...

I think Courtney is making a list of bloggers who want a copy on her website... You might want to check it out.

Search This Blog

Loading...

Popular Posts

Five Random Things About Suzie

1. I drink so much orange soda, it's probably running through my veins. I've been known to go through a twelve pack of diet sunkist in a day.

2. I'm legitimately nocturnal (or a vampire). I will be so exhausted at two pm that I'm falling asleep standing up - it has happened before, at Six Flags no less - but as soon as the sun goes down I'm wide awake.

3. I have a gorgeous unused $6000 Reem Acra wedding dress hanging in my closet, and it showed up on my doorstep the same day my (now ex) fiance broke up with me. And thank God for that. I wouldn't have wanted to waste that dress on him.

4. Social anxiety plagues me daily. I write a script and practice in front of the mirror when I have to make a phone call, but most people who interact with me have no idea how nervous I am (or perhaps they lie) because I've worked so hard to try to overcome it.

5. I'm actually worried that I will never love my children (when I do have them in the far off future) as much as I love my dogs. I just like animals better than people - they're sweet and innocent and soft and furry - is that so wrong?