Funny Story from the Office

/
3 Comments
Monday evening the flower delivery guy comes up to the office and gives me a huge and beautiful assortment of pink lilies. I sign for them, check the card to see who they're for and take them into the agent's office. Another agent sees the flowers and asks who they're from so I sneak a peak at the card.

I'm thinking two possible scenarios.

Agent's spouse sent them.
Or
A happy client whose book just sold sent them.

Neither.

Someone who is querying the agent sent the flowers.

While this is a nice gesture and the girly part of me is saying "aw, I love flowers," the rational part of me is saying "um, that's kind of creepy and over-reaching." Bribes will not affect how much or how little an agent likes a story idea, nor will it influence whether they request the book from a query.


You may also like

3 comments:

Sara said...

At least now the office has pretty flowers...

Anonymous said...

Every time I hear stories (and there are quite a few on the agent blogs) about gifts with queries, I can't help wonder how much money these struggling writers have with which to fawn over agents. I just hope they are sending flowers and gifts to their mothers on Mother's Day, too. The moms are sure to be more impressed than the agents.

...MY NAME IS ELENI AND I AM A BOOKAHOLIC... said...

That's funny, a little creepy, but hey flowers are pretty :)