Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Too Perfect

I managed to snag a box of Vampire Tarot cards yesterday, and they appeal to two of my weak spots: psychics and vampires.

First, I've always had this intense desire to go visit a psychic and hear about my fortune. I don't know if I'd really believe anything they'd tell me. But I'm just so curious as to what they'd say. I admit, I even called Miss Cleo once in high school when they offered the free 10 minutes as an incentive to call. But I didn't get to talk to the real Miss Cleo of course and the woman I talked to really was just trying to build up to the 10 minute mark so she didn't tell me anything good.

And of course, I love vampires. In fact, I let out a huge sigh when I read the dedication page in the book inside the box. The author dedicated the Vampire Tarot cards to Joss Wheedon and everyone who loved Buffy and Angel. *sigh*

Published by St. Martin's Press, the box comes with 78 cards illustrated to explore the symbolism of the legend of Dracula along with a paperback which explains how to use the Tarot deck as well as how vampiric lore works with the deck.

I know nothing about reading Tarot cards, but I'm determined to learn by the time my sister comes up from DC to visit in two weeks.

3 comments:

Lilibeth Ramos said...

Lol, good luck with that! They look and sound awesome! Too good to be true...

Cassandra said...

First, I nominated you for an award on my blog!
http://happybooklovers-a-gogo.blogspot.com

Second, I read tarot cards! I don't have a vampire deck, but I just got some for the heck of it, and it's amazingly fun! (Even though it's not really true, you can make up about whatever you want) but I love it anyway!

Brianne said...

I find the whole phychic thing really interesting, though I don't really buy into it. Still, it's always fun to see what a phychic will tell you. I've had my palm read before and it was freakishly correct in some areas, but totally wrong in others. ;-)

Good luck with learning how to use the cards. Sounds like a good summer project. =)

Search This Blog

Loading...

Popular Posts

Five Random Things About Suzie

1. I drink so much orange soda, it's probably running through my veins. I've been known to go through a twelve pack of diet sunkist in a day.

2. I'm legitimately nocturnal (or a vampire). I will be so exhausted at two pm that I'm falling asleep standing up - it has happened before, at Six Flags no less - but as soon as the sun goes down I'm wide awake.

3. I have a gorgeous unused $6000 Reem Acra wedding dress hanging in my closet, and it showed up on my doorstep the same day my (now ex) fiance broke up with me. And thank God for that. I wouldn't have wanted to waste that dress on him.

4. Social anxiety plagues me daily. I write a script and practice in front of the mirror when I have to make a phone call, but most people who interact with me have no idea how nervous I am (or perhaps they lie) because I've worked so hard to try to overcome it.

5. I'm actually worried that I will never love my children (when I do have them in the far off future) as much as I love my dogs. I just like animals better than people - they're sweet and innocent and soft and furry - is that so wrong?